Tuesday, October 9, 2012

4 Identity Symbols Reflective Essay

For This project we were to create a 4 identity symbol using 4 elements such as plant , tool , animal , and human . I learned that one thing can be used in many different ways and can be made up of many different things . I learned how to use the clipping mask tool and the swatches tool to make my zebra and combine things such as grass and a lawnmower and a human using that specific object . I used the computer , google , adobe illustrator CS5.1 , and the paper given with the following instructions to do the project . The steps i used to complete this assignment was : 
1. I got an idea , 
2. I put that idea on paper which was a zebra , which became my first element ( animal ) .
3. I dragged a photo in adobe illustrator and i dimmed the photo and locked it then i added a new layer with the photo in it and i used the pen tool to outline the figure of the zebra 
i locked that layer and got the idea to use a swatch to combine grass and a sky into my zebra figure 
5. I then got a lawnmower and traced that figure like i did in step 3 . and i added the main colors im using in this project which is green , white , and gray . 
6. I locked that layer and moved onto my next one which was my last element being i already used 3 .
7. I got an image of a human face and outlined it and added those same colors . 
8. I locked all layers and my project was complete .
My artwork looks like a going green campain , it expresses the elements that have to do with a zebra and its enviroment . zebras eat grass thats what thats for and grass is cut by lawnmowers which is why thats there and humans use lawnmowers to cut grass . each element i have has to do with one another .

A symbol is something that represents an idea, a process, or a physical entity. i came up with the idea that i did based off of i personally like zebras they aren't dangerous animals and they're source of food is grass they aren't like tigers who go around eating other animals and praying they eat on grass which is pure in my opinion . i came up with each 4 symbols like i said because each symbol has to do with the other and it makes the entire project come together . This zebra and this entire project repesents me because i'm pure and i have a specific love for earth and the color green and what it repesents . 

i felt that this assignment was a good one it gave us students a chance to learn new things and used what we know to complete something . this project helps us put things together and organize and plan out things and show how one thing can be many or in this case a 4 symbol identity project . i learn that in graphic design its not about just using tools in the specific document you have to use your mind and imagination , you have to put things together in your mind before you can get it out on paper , you have to search deep within yourself and find that hidden part in you an d get an idea from it . this project showed me i can do that that i can be creative and combine all these things and make it meaningful and make it make sense . it wasn't easy but i did it so that shows me its was extremely hard and i could do it if i work hard and put my mind to it . i overcame them by thinking positive and not so much bout time and what others would think about it what mattered was what i thought about it how i felt about it .if i could improve two things it would be a little more creativity and thought now that i know i can do better and i would use my time more wisely . 

This project will help me in other classes such as photography and fashion after school , i can use my creativity skills and it also will help me with future projects i have to do now ill know what to do and which tool does what and ill know how to make my project pop . and stand out . this project really motivated me to want to do more with other projects and in life .





No comments:

Post a Comment