Thursday, October 25, 2012

Alphabet Reflective Essay

For this project i was asked to complete a chart of alphabets , using the letters " o " and " i " . using these letters i was able to complete the entire alphabet . i learned that each letter is made up out of o and i and that i did not know before . for this project i used adobe illustrator and i used pathfinder to arrange the o and i to make the other letters . i also used the selection tool to move it around and place it where i want to . the steps i used to do this was : 

1. first i made an o and i to the size and length i wanted it to be 
2. i played around with the letters and started making easy simple letters like an a , or a b .
3.i continued this process until i had full rows of alphabets 
4. i added the swatch of my 4 symbol project and placed it in my letters
5.i arranged my letters so that its even and looks nice 
my artwork looks a lot like my 4 symbol project , it contains the same colors . and i think its extremely creative it looks really green and earthy like a global warming theme or a nice day outside but in the form of letters . 


I created this project using the same theme from my four symbol project and i i created all the letters and made it into my own thing . i combined the concept because i added green at the top and bottom and the middle contained both blue and green . a challenge i had in this project was making one letter , the " s " it was hard to combine the c and make it into a perfect s , as you can see it still isn't that perfect but its good enough . my alphabet matches my identity precisely . 

I felt really good about the assignment . i learned from it and it was fun and simple and a good way to express your creativity . i learned how to make letters of the entire alphabet out of o and i . i learned that this software can be used for many different things . and it is very useful and has many things to make whatever your doing pop , and stand out . i learned that if i really try and put my mind to something i can do it because when i first saw the project i assumed it would be hard until i found ways to make it easier and fun for me . this project was easy and a little hard but i did it and finished it no problem . i overcame my problems by asking for help which i should do more often and it became easier and i understood it more . 

I can use something like this to teach another student not nessassarily for myself because the only time i can do something like this is in graphic design but i can help another student . and for the real world this can be used if i want to major in graphic design . and i would feel extremely proud of myself if i am able to do that . 

No comments:

Post a Comment